Living Cities offers innovative solutions for inclusive, resilient and sustainable cities across the world. By working with the social aspects of urban development they want to create more inclusive and just urban spaces and alleviate differences in living conditions. Living cities work in partnership with communities, local governments, entrepreneurs, and civil society to develop cities for all within planetary boundaries. By supporting local governments, communities and community groups in planning and developing more inclusive and resilient urban areas, Living cities contributes to strengthening SDG 11. The work is located both in Sweden and in Asian, African and Latin American cities. Below follows a more detailed lists where Living cities are active:
Sweden: Stockholm, Botkyrka, Haninge, Tyresö, Malmö, Kramfors, Karlskrona, Visby.
Asia: Indonesia, Myanmar, India, Cambodia, Bangladesh, Nepal, Lao.
Africa: Kenya, Ethiopia, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia.
Latin America: Brazil, Colombia, Chile and Argentina.
Middle-East: Iraq and Turkey.
Living Cities top 10 tips for implementing Agenda 2030:
- Plan with people.
- Let actions be guided by strategy.
- Let strategy be informed by a proper analysis of needs and opportunities.
- Don’t forget the social aspects!
- Think holistically and develop integrated solutions across sectors and stakeholders.
- Build on what is already there and work through existing structures.
- Avoid project dependency.
- Leadership matters!
- Take action now – we don’t have time to wait.
For more information about Living cities, click here.
For more information about Global Utmaning’s Sweden Local2030 Hub, click here.
Project: Sweden Local2030 Hub